What's New in the FLMC?
Come join us - we need volunteers to help support teaching and learning in the FLMC. Click on the video below to see a short video of our FLMC this year.
Make your own slideshow with music at Animoto.
Grade 2 Library License
Students in grade 2 have been learning basic library skills in preparation for earning their Library License! This is a milestone in their library skill development. Grade 2 students have worked hard to search for information in different formats for academic learning and individual interest. These are some of the activities we have done in the FLMC:
* Label a map of the library to learn the location of different types of books.
* Search the online catalog to to locate books by author, title and subject
* Alphabetize common subjects and author last names to the second letter
* Decode call numbers and use them to locate materials on the shelves
* Differentiate between fiction and nonfiction
* Learn to use the Mimio Board (interactive "Smart board") and basic Windows navigation in many of the above lessons.
Volunteers needed for the Forbes April Book Fair!