What's New in the FLMC in April?
Family and Friends Night was Wednesday, April 25
**To Turn off Sound in video above, place your mouse cursor over the bottom right corner and click 'Sounds Off'**
Click the video below to see some of the highlights of our year in the FLMC.
Make your own slideshow with music at Animoto.
Grade 2 Library License
Students in grade 2 have been learning basic library skills in preparation for earning their Library License! This is a milestone in their library skill development. Grade 2 students have worked hard to search for information in different formats for academic learning and individual interest. These are some of the activities we have done in the FLMC:
* Label a map of the library to learn the location of different types of books.
* Search the online catalog to to locate books by author, title and subject
* Alphabetize common subjects and author last names to the second letter
* Decode call numbers and use them to locate materials on the shelves
* Differentiate between fiction and nonfiction
* Learn to use the Mimio Board (interactive "Smart board") and basic Windows navigation in many of the above lessons.
If you have a spare hour or two to volunteer each week or are interested in helping on an as-needed basis, you can make a difference in our library. Click the picture above to learn more.